One month car insurance is a temporary or short term car insurance that runs for 30 days. Most insurers in Kenya provide Third Party Only for one month car insurance. The Third Party Only is the minimum level of car insurance required to drive a car on Kenyan roads. This is mainly to prevent car owners from third party liabilities in case of an incidence.
You may opt for one month car insurance in Kenya compared to annual car insurance in some instances. The following are insurances when you may need one:
- When renting a car you do not own
- Borrowing a car from a friend
- When going for a road trip
- When sharing a ride
One month car insurance is quick and efficient and can help you when you want to drive for a few weeks. There is no harm in getting short term car insurance even if you find the annual cover cheaper. This is because some insurers will make you pay premiums for the whole year whenever you make a claim. One month car insurance is suitable for:
- Mechanics operating in garages
- Motor vehicle importers and exporters
- People who wish to dispose their cars
- People travelling frequently
There are three car insurance levels in Kenya, Third Party, Third Party Fire and Theft and Comprehensive car insurance. You can get any of the three-car insurance levels under one-month car insurance.
- Third Party Insurance. It is the minimum car insurance level you need to drive on Kenyan roads. The cover will cater to third party expenses for an accident you are involved in. Your car is not covered under third party insurance.
- Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance. It covers you against third party expenses; if you are involved in an accident, you are at fault. Besides, it provides coverage for your car against damages caused by fire, or theft.
- Comprehensive Insurance. Comprehensive car insurance in Kenya is the highest level of car insurance. It provides coverage against third party liabilities and caters to damages costs on your car and emergency medical bills.
The price of one month car insurance varies from one insurer to the other and the level of coverage. However, you can get one month third-party insurance cover for as low as Ksh 2,000. You don’t have to pay a delivery fee while you can get the cover the same day. You can get insurance excess for one month car insurance. Some insurers charge Ksh 1,000 for one month car insurance excess. However, it would be best if you compared one month car insurance prices before buying a cover.
Read also: Best car insurance companies in Kenya.
The following are some perks you will enjoy by getting one month car insurance for your car.
- You can borrow a car while going on a vacation and enjoy driving without having to worry.
- You can use the cover when your car is in the garage and want to use another car.
- You can get the cover for your family members, like children who may wish to drive for a few weeks during school holidays.
- You can get the cover within a few minutes hence saving you time.
One month car insurance may be ideal in many situations. When buying one-month car insurance, you need to compare prices between different insurance companies in Kenya in order to get the best deal.