Property Insurance

Home property insurance is something that one needs to consider if he intends to leave a house unoccupied for some time. Unoccupied property insurance is an insurance cover that one gets to protect the property against theft, flood, storms, vandalism and damage while it is unoccupied. Insurance for unoccupied homes short term ranges between three to twelve months. However, the period can be extended if need be.

When to Buy Unoccupied Home Property Insurance

You may be wondering when is it necessary to take unoccupied house insurance Northern Ireland. Here is when you can take home property insurance.

  • When awaiting probate
  • When the house is awaiting sale or occupation
  • Undergoing refurbishment or renovation
  • When the occupier is absent

Insurance for Unoccupied Homes Short Term

When leaving your house unoccupied for some time, then you need to consider insuring it. When looking for insurance, you need to consider the following.

  • Buildings insurance
  • Contents insurance
  • Home insurance
  • Landlord insurance

Building insurance for Unoccupied Homes Short Term

Unoccupied buildings insurance covers your house in terms of the structures; the walls, roof and rooms from damage caused by fires, and floods. When you are leaving your house unoccupied for a while, someone may trespass to your property, the insurance will help you to manage the cost of making trespass claims.

You can also think of getting short term buildings insurance instead of leaving the house not insured. If it is a rental house, then landlord insurance Northern Ireland will be a better option. However, the policy that you will but will request you what details you need to provide. For instance, you will indicate how long the house is going to remain unoccupied.

House Insurance UK

When looking for home insurance, you need to get the best hose insurance in UK. To do so, you need to go compare house insurance unoccupied. Some of the ways t getting the best dealing is shopping around or using home insurance comparisons sites. Money Supermarket and Compare the Market will help you to compare quotes from various insurers.

Home Insurance Compared

On average, unoccupied buildings insurance can cost 112 euros every year, while the contents insurance can cost 65 euros the whole year. Both of them combined can cost 146 euros for the whole year. If you are planning to leave the house empty and for less than one year, short term buildings insurance would be the best option. However, you need to go compare unoccupied home insurance from different providers. This is the best way you can get a cheaper deal.

If you want to reduce the cost of insuring your house while it is unoccupied, consider the following:

  • Shop around
  • Build a no claims discount
  • Pay annually
  • Pay more excess
  • Install security features in your house

When shopping for a house in insurance in UK, you need to provide details of your home, its security features; the cost of rebuilding your house and the value of your house contents of there is any. When calculating the value of the building and the contents, make sure to include all the features and items so that you have an accurate value.